The new acoustic solo guitar album from Pat Metheny features classic tunes from songwriters like Paul Simon, Lennon & McCartney, Burt Bacharach, and Henry Mancini. Pat describes it like this: “I wanted to record some of the music that was on my radar before I ever wrote a note of my own, or in a few cases, even before I played an instrument. Every one of these tunes has something going on that is just hip on a musical level, no matter how you cut it.They have all stuck with me over the years.” This double-LP edition, pressed on 180-gram vinyl, includes two additional tracks: Monk's "'Round Midnight" and Rodgers & Hammerstein's "This Nearly Was Mine." Pre-orders include a free instant download of the album track “Alfie.”
Please note: This item is available for pre-order.
Expected ship date is on or about June 28, 2011.
Click image for track listing.
LP Track Listing:
1. The Sound of Silence (Paul Simon) 6:33
2. Cherish (Terry Kirkman) 5:25
3. Alfie (Burt Bacharach & Hal David) 7:41
4. Pipeline (Bob Spickard & Brian Carman) 3:23
5. Garota de Ipanema (Antonio Carlos Jobim & Vinicius de Moraes) 5:07
6. Rainy Days and Mondays (Roger S. Nichols & Paul H. Williams) 7:10
7. That's the Way I've Always Heard It Should Be (Carly Simon &
Jacob Brackman) 5:57
8. Slow Hot Wind (Henry Mancini & Normal Gimbel) 4:23
9. Betcha by Golly, Wow (Thomas Bell & Linda Creed) 5:12
10. And I Love Her (John Lennon & Paul McCartney) 4:22
11. 'Round Midnight (Thelonious Monk, Cootie Williams & Bernie
12. This Nearly Was Mine (Richard Rodgers & Oscar Hammerstein III) 4:29
Currently, there are no reviews available.
People who bought this also bought: