Elvis made television history with his "Elvis: Aloha from Hawaii" concert TV special. Viewed by over 1 billion people worldwide, this was the first live concert broadcast via satellite. This deluxe 2-disc DVD with discography booklet contains more than 4 hours of concert footage that includes Elvis' rehearsal concert, the TV concert with and without edits along with additional bonus footage.
Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only)
Elvis Presley made television and entertainment history with his Elvis, Aloha from Hawaii concert television special. The performance took place at the Honolulu International Center Arena in Honolulu, Hawaii on January 14, 1973. The concert was beamed live via Globecam Satellite to Australia, South Korea, Japan, Thailand, The Philippines, South Vietnam and other countries. It was seen on a delayed basis in approximately thirty European countries shortly after. It did not air in America until April 4th, when an edited version of the concert, expanded with songs videotaped just after the live event, was presented on NBC. That broadcast attracted 51% of the television viewing audience. In all, it was seen in about forty countries by 1-to-1.5 billion people. A global smash. Never before had one performer held the world's attention in such a way.
Elvis, Aloha from Hawaii presents Elvis Presley at the pinnacle of his superstardom, giving one of the most outstanding concert performances of his career. This two disc set shows that everyone, but most especially Americans, missed much of the best that Aloha had to offer. The concert and the rehearsal show from the night before are included here, re-edited from scratch and restored to absolute completeness, along with the complete after-concert insert-songs recording session and the complete raw footage from the staged "arrival in Honolulu" scenes with Elvis for the opening of the special. There's also the American broadcast version to which to compare them.
It's a fascinating journey no matter in what order it's watched. It is the most authentic, in terms of fidelity, to a great '70s Elvis show; by far the most exciting version of Aloha that has ever been presented.
- 2-DVD set, over 4 hours of material
- Includes PREVIOUSLY UNSEEN material
- The absolutely complete January 12th and January 14th concerts - never before available in complete form. They are re-edited from scratch and feature meticulously remastered sound and picture
- The complete footage of the post-concert session Elvis did to expand program content for the American broadcast - never before available in complete, raw form.
- The complete footage shot for the "Elvis arrives" sequence for the opening of the television special - never before available in complete, raw form.
- The original American broadcast version of the Elvis, Aloha from Hawaii television special.
- Beautiful, special and deluxe booklet with extensive historical text, never-before-seen photos and rare memorabilia.
- Critical essay by Dave Marsh
- Mastered in stereo and 5.1
- Total Running Time: 242 minutes
DELUXE EDITION CONTENTS:Disc 1
(running time: 02:18:27)
Elvis Arrives and Greets Fans - January 9, 1973
Rehearsal Concert - January 12, 1973
Elvis, Aloha from Hawaii Concert - January 14, 1973.Disc 2
(running time: 01:43:39)
Post-Concert "Insert" Songs Session - January 14, 1973
Elvis, Aloha from Hawaii NBC TV Special - April 4, 1973 Broadcast Version without the commercials and most of the TV announcer bumpers interrupting it, this is how America first saw Elvis, Aloha from Hawaii on television.Performances Include:
SEE SEE RIDER; BURNING LOVE; SOMETHING; YOU GAVE ME A MOUNTAIN; EARLY MORNING RAIN; STEAMROLLER BLUES; MY WAY; LOVE ME; IT'S OVER; BLUE SUEDE SHOES; I'M SO LONESOME I COULD CRY; I CAN'T STOP LOVING YOU; HOUND DOG and many more! 2-DVD SET with OVER 2 HOURS of unseen material!
Made in the United States
Currently, there are no reviews available.