Elvis Presley made television and entertainment history with his “Elvis, Aloha from Hawaii” concert television special. The performance took place at the Honolulu International Center, now known as the Neal Blaisdell Arena, on January 14, 1973. It was beamed live via Globecam Satellite to various countries, on a delayed basis to approximately 30 European countries and first aired in the U.S. on April 4 on NBC. The viewing audience was estimated at over one billion worldwide.
In celebration of the 40th anniversary of “Elvis, Aloha from Hawaii,” fans from around the world gathered in Honolulu in January 2013 for five days of celebrations. The highlight of the week was a screening of a special re-edited version of “Elvis, Aloha from Hawaii,” that was shown at the Blaisdell Arena on January 14, exactly 40 years to the day Elvis performed there.
The re-edited version, which includes rarely-seen footage and audio, received rave reviews from critics and fans alike. This special 40th anniversary edition offers a new look at Elvis during one of his most outstanding concert performances of his career.
ELVIS ALOHA FROM HAWAII
• Re-edit of Elvis, Aloha from Hawaii as seen at the Blaisdell Arena on January 14, 2013
• Event footage from the 40th Anniversary Celebration in Honolulu in January 2013
• A Look inside the New Elvis Hawaii Exhibit” at Graceland
• Clips from Elvis’ Aloha from Hawaii Press Conferences
• Replica Booklet of Program from January 14, 2013 Screening Event
This is a Region-Free DVD.
Currently, there are no reviews available.